Sunday, June 24, 2007

Coffee

So I was thinking about if someone ever asks me something like "what was the hardest challenge you faced while working in the city? / during your internship? / this summer?"...

I discovered on my first day in the city that the waiting area for the subway is too hot and inside the subway train itself is too cold. I bought hot Starbucks coffee the first day, only to find that drinking coffee simply amplified the heat while waiting for the train. Then the next day I thought, oh well I'll just get iced coffee instead, but then I was too fuckin' cold while actually in the train. What a ridiculous dilemma.

But it's okay, because then I found out that there is free coffee at work, so it's all good. Dilemma resolved.

Speaking of coffee, even though I don't regularly drink it, I now drink something like five cups a day. I pretty much cannot stay awake otherwise. I think that has to do with my crappy bed.

Speak of my bed, I'm pretty sure it's just a boxspring. The apartment I'm renting is a little shady, so I guess I'm not surprised. But yeah. Just springs. No mattress. I suspect that is why I wake up and I feel more tired than I did when I went to bed.

Anyways, back to the coffee. One time, I thought the coffee making machine at work broke. It's one of those fancy ones, with all the gadgets and gizmos; you press a button and this slot pops out where you put in a small packet of coffee and close it and it whirs around and makes delicious coffee. You don't need to pour in hot water or even dispose of the coffee packets. There are always people hanging out in that kitchenette area sippin' on coffee and chit-chatting.

I guess I have more things to say but they aren't really pertinent to coffee.

No comments: