Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Limp Bizkit?

So I actually listened to the song Nookie by Limp Bizkit today. Remember them? As it turns out, I think the lyrics are really good, relative to the level of music quality to which Limp Bizkit is generally attributed. Here is an excerpt:
I can't believe that I was deceived
By my so-called girl, but in reality,
[She] had a hidden agenda,
She put my tender --
Heart in a blender,
And still I surrendered.

Err, actually now that I read it, the line "tender heart in a blender" reminds me the Eve6 song Inside Out. In any case the above flow is pretty sweet. I also like the interplay between Fred Durst and himself, i.e. the background accompaniment.

I think if this song were remixed to a hip-hop beat (i.e. removing the annoying chorus and hardcore rock vibe), it could very possibly be awesome.

Like a chump, heeeeyyy

No comments: